Date: Thursday 1 March 2018
Time: 9.30am - 1.30pm
12 CPD points
As the world continues to change and become more interconnected, real estate professionals must adapt to communicating cross-culturally. Connecting with diverse clients and communicating with many different cultures requires empathy.
In this course, you’ll gain an understanding of cultural perspectives when communicating with your clients and learn how to identify common cultural differences and their impact on business etiquette, conflict resolution and negotiating. Evaluating different strategies for dealing with cross-cultural business situations will also be covered.
What you’ll learn
- What is culture?
- The role culture plays in people’s values, belief systems and the way they communicate
- Cultural differences in the use of language
- Non-verbal communication – personal space, eye contact and gestures
- How culture impacts on key business values
- How good customer service, building rapport and polite business etiquette differs across cultures
- How cultural differences impact conflict resolution and negotiating.
Meet the presenter
Jo-Anne Hamilton’s career in real estate spans almost 30 years, and she has been a licensed real estate agent since 1986. She specialises in property management and has managed the residential property management team of a successful agency for more than 20 years.
In addition to property management, Jo-Anne specialises in communication – a vital ingredient for success in real estate. She has a Bachelor of Arts in literature and psychology, and a Masters in Organisational Communication.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact REINSW Training on (02) 9264 2343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org