To assist practitioners in updating their forms and templates the Department of Planning and Environment has compiled a list of the most commonly used sections of the Act that reflects the new numbering system.
The Department will also be providing a guide illustrating the key changes.
What do the changes aim to achieve?
- Modernise the structure and language of the Act
- Create new objects to ensure the Act supports a thriving built environment
- Give communities and councils the tools to shape the future of their local areas
- Make sure development controls are simpler and up-to-date
- Strengthen confidence that approval and standards will be enforced
- Emphasise the probity and independence of decision makers
- Deliver more efficient approvals from NSW agencies
- Create more efficient processes for state significant development, without compromising the rigour of assessment.
For more information, contact the Department of Planning and Environment on 1300 305 695.