Cost: Member: FREE
Date and time: 15 June 2018 10am-11am
You will hear from Jesse Davidson, James Pratt and Briannan Davis on part two of what to do when the unexpected happens at your auction. In this follow up webinar, the team will delve in deeper into the following topics to provide you with more helpful information.
In particular the team will cover:
- Imagine that on auction day you only have one registered bidder? What happens? Do you have to run the auction?
- What is the law surrounding conducting the auction on the day, calling for bids, passing in?
- What can happen if you don’t run the auction on auction day but you sell the property by way of an exchange of contracts? In this scenario, what do selling agents do and why / what motivates them?
- What do you do if a buyer has an authorised bidder register on their behalf but then the buyer themselves turns up on auction day and registers to bid? Is this legal, is this collusion?
- What are the different types of bidding strategies that buyers use?
After you have registered for the Awkward Auction Activities Part 2 Webinar, please click here to watch Awkward Auction Activities Part 1 if you have not already seen it.
Meet the presenters:
is a senior auctioneer with auctionWORKS. Upon completing his Bachelor in Business early in 2009, Jesse accepted a position with auctionWORKS. Soon after, Jesse entered and won the REINSW’s Novice Auctioneering Competition in 2010. More recently he won the 2015 REINSW Awards for Excellence in Auctioneering and was a finalist in the 2016 event. Jesse was also part of the NSW winning team in the recently-held State of Origin Auctioneering Competition, beating Queensland, and is the current Chairperson of the REINSW’s Auctioneers Chapter committee.
James Pratt is the CEO of the JPA group and auctions across Australia and Internationally. Outside of the JPA group James also serves as the global auctioneer ambassador for mega Chinese real estate portal Juwai, was a finalist in the 2017 REB auctioneer of the year award and won the REINSW John Hill award in 2014. Other honours for James include, winning the 2013 McGrath Auctioneer of the Year award, representing The Real Estate Institute of Australia as a representative judge since 2014, as well as being a former chair of REINSW auctioneers.
Briannan Davis is an integral member of the Cooley Auctions award-winning team with an approach focused on enthusiasm, integrity and commitment. Briannan’s 15 years experience in Speech and Drama, a degree in Media and Communication and an extensive career as a real estate agent combine the perfect background for a successful auctioneer. Briannan was selected as a finalist in the 2017 REINSW Awards for Excellence Auction Competition. Briannan prides herself on strong communication and interpersonal skills. Her ability to drive an auction and read her audience is tribute to her distinctive practice and education.