Partnering to support victims of family and domestic violence
REINSW has partnered with Domestic Violence NSW (DVNSW) to support victims and survivors of family and domestic violence.
DVNSW is the peak representative body for a range of specialist family and domestic violence services in NSW. It works on behalf of its members which represent over 50 organisations across the state, including:
- Specialist domestic and family violence services
- Community and women’s health organisations
- Community legal services specialising in working with victim-survivors
- Non-government organisations that work primarily with victim-survivors
REINSW has committed to raising $25,000 for DVNSW in 2019. The funds raised will assist DVNSW to achieve their vision of a world where women, families and communities live free from violence, have equal rights and opportunities and the freedom to reach their potential.
With the introduction of new laws to better protect victims of family and domestic violence on 28 February 2019, REINSW is proud to partner with DVNSW to empower victims to escape situations of family and domestic violence and build brighter futures.
REINSW is humbled to have had the opportunity to contribute to the development of the new legislation to protect victims of family and domestic violence.
How can you get involved?
As part of this partnership, REINSW will contribute a portion of funds raised at events to DVNSW, including:
- Novice Auctioneers Competition (NAC) | The NAC is a platform for participants to try their hand at auctioneering. Each participant auctions a luxury item of their choice with funds raised in the heats and the final going directly to DVNSW.
- Women in Real Estate (WIRE) conference | Every year, agents from across the State gather in Sydney for REINSW's WIRE conference. With speakers including Em Rusciano, Leigh Sales and Mia Freedman, WIRE is a highly anticipated event that delivers practical industry insights, strategies for success and professional and personal inspiration. REINSW donates $10 from each ticket sale to DVNSW, plus funds raised at the event charity auction.
- Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner | REINSW's Awards for Excellence program recognises the best, boldest and brightest the real estate industry has to offer. It is real estate's peak awards program, based on true merit and contribution to the industry. REINSW contributes $10 from the sale of each ticket for the Awards Gala Dinner to DVNSW.