Jet said: “Whilst the real estate industry provides an opportunity to achieve great things in business and in life, it also carries a unique intensity. As a mindset and success coach who has delivered thousands of coaching sessions to the industry all around Australia, it has been my observation that many agents are never able to achieve both a balanced life and a successful career.
“There are two sides to the real estate industry in Australia. The first is a high-gloss and perfect platform to create success in life and business with its uncapped commission structures, flexible work hours and people orientated environments.
“The second side is a high-pressured and burned out underbelly where wellness and wellbeing are not on the agenda and agents are becoming unwell, struggling with financial strain and in many cases leaving the industry, after experiencing the detrimental impact of imbalance.”
The white paper aims to provide the foundation of a shift from the ‘old-school’ towards a progressive and contemporary approach to wellness and wellbeing to put the real estate industry in alignment with global best practice.
• up to 65% of the industry are stressed
• 47% of the industry suffer from physical symptoms of anxiety
• 46% said that work impacts personal relationships
• 40% said they felt overwhelmed by the demands of the job
• 26% said they use alcohol to cope with stress
• 36% said they felt limited support from their colleagues
• 35% said they sought medical advice for stress
• 40% said they were not satisfied with their physical health or fitness.
From VOLVO, BMW and OFFICEWORKS
Check them out.
Also, Keep track of your CPD hours with the NEW CPD Diary in your member portal! Log in today.