Hear from two leading strata managers Reena van Aalst and Christine Nesbit on how to run successful strata meetings and make sure they are compliant.
Topics covered include:
- The timing of meetings and required notice periods
- The importance of understanding who is attending the strata meeting, their position and voting rights.
- The rules around proxy voting
- Meeting minutes and documents and who should receive them
- Running meetings including setting the agenda, preparation and following meeting rules
Reena van Aalst, Strata Central
As managing director of Strata Central, Reena is driven by a desire to offer another level of excellence in strata management service. With more than 19 years in the strata industry at Strata Central, the Prudential Investment Company of Australia (PICA) and Dynamic Property Services, she is confident her expertise and problem-solving skills will surely raise the bar in strata management. Reena currently sits on the REINSW Strata Management Committee.
Christine Nesbit, Albury Wodonga Real Estate
Christine is fully licensed in Strata Management Real Estate, and Stock and Station as well as a licensed Auctioneer. She is the Principal and Licensee in charge of Albury Wodonga Real Estate. Christine’s business is located in Albury and operates in both NSW and Victoria. The business offers its clients strata management, rentals and sales and has been operating since 2003. Christine is a member of the REINSW Strata Chapter Committee, and is a member inducted into the Waratah Network through the Real Estate Institute of NSW.