REINSW has created a RTA Review Hot Topics page which includes all of the latest information and documents on the review so far.
Timeline for the RTA Review
- REINSW formed a dedicated Sub-Committee to address the RTA Review in June 2015
- NSW Fair Trading released a Statutory Review of Residential Tenancies Act 2010 on October 2015 (Discussion Paper)
- REINSW lodged its submission in response to the Discussion Paper before the deadline, on 29 January 2016
- NSW Fair Trading releases its Statutory Review document on 17 June 2016 containing 27 recommendations
- No submission or response was requested by the government. However REINSW prepared and submitted their Position Statement on the government’s 27 recommendations in January 2017 which was delayed due to a change in the Ministerial line up, before passing it onto the new Minister in February 2017
- NSW Fair Trading provided the RTA Draft Bill to REINSW as Cabinet-in-Confidence on 6 April 2017 for written comments and/or discussion by 20 April 2017
- REINSW lodged their submission responding to the Draft Bill on 20 April 2017 and subsequently met with NSW Fair Trading to discuss its submission on 27 April 2017
- NSW Fair Trading provided the second draft RTA Draft Bill as Cabinet-in-Confidence on 2 June 2017 for written comments and/or discussion by 19 June 2017
- REINSW lodged a submission in response on the 19 June 2017
- REINSW met with NSW Fair Trading to discuss its submission on 20 June 2017.