Caption: Michael Garafolo, John Cunningham and Damien Cooley
The winner, Michael Garofolo sold a dinner for two at Ottimo Italian Kitchen in Hunters Hill, and a bottle of Penfolds 2010 St Henri Shiraz, for $350.
As a result of being crowned champion of the first heat, Michael will compete in the NAC State Final in Sydney.
Michael, who currently works in hospitality at his family restaurant, said: “I was nervous before the auction and was not expecting to win, so I was excited when I found out and am really looking forward to the final.
“I want to become a full-time auctioneer and saw entering the NAC as the logical first step to get there.
“I have worked in hospitality all my life and want to find something to make my own. My father-in-law is a real estate agent and he said to look at becoming an auctioneer.”
The overall winner of the final scoops $1,000, conducts a charity auction at the REINSW Women in Real Estate Conference and receives two complimentary tickets to the REINSW Awards for Excellence gala dinner.
The remaining heats are being held at:
- Heat two - Sydney CBD - Friday, 7 April 2017
- Heat three - Dubbo - Monday, 1 May 2017
- Heat four - Leeton/Yanco - Wednesday, 10 May 2017
- Heat five - Albury - 15 May 2017
- Heat six - Wollongong - Thursday, 18 May 2017
- Heat seven - Castle Hills - Thursday, 15 June 2017
- Heat eight - Dee Why - Tuesday, 27 June 2017
- Heat nine - Newcastle - Wednesday, 5 July 2017
- Heat 10 - Balmain - Sydney - Thursday, 13 July 2017.
Find out more information here.