- Introduction of a concession rate of 25% of the full fee for eligible pensioners
- Uniform fee for copies of sound recordings across all Divisions
- Certain application types continue to have no fee, including community services matters and Guardianship Division applications.
For more detailed information on the new fees and charges, click here.
However, that’s not the only changes taking place at NCAT:
- NCAT must move offices by December 2016 due to demolition of its existing base at Stockland House for the new rail infrastructure. Although not confirmed they are looking at premises nearer to Maddison Tower on Goulburn Street, Sydney, in the middle of the Courts’ environment
- Legal Aid are setting up an 'appeals advice section' for NCAT, but no start date has been announced. NCAT is also considering looking at appeals by phone, but this has not officially been confirmed
- NCAT are close to announcing a new and improved case management system
- NCAT are in the process of redesigning their application forms
- REINSW has collaborated with NCAT to host a series of NCAT hearing preparation webinars, which can be found here. NCAT have announced that they are developing some educational videos which will be available online
- Reserve decisions have always been important and NCAT will ensure that these decisions are emailed to the parties once the decision is final. It will also be published on Australian Legal Information Institute website.