Cost: Member: FREE
Date and time: 19 April 2018, 10am-11am
In this free member webinar, you will gain a better understanding of how Buyers’ Agents can better understand the risks and activities involved with buying real estate. In particular you will learn about:
1. What are the areas of risk Buyers’ Agents face under legislation and at law, as well as business and reputational risks?
2. What are the consequences of negligent behaviour and how to minimise the risk of adverse financial consequences
3. Breach of contract and being sued by unhappy clients – how to prevent it happening
4. Measures you can put in place to manage client expectations
5. Insurance and the importance of having adequate cover
6. Are you losing business to competitors – how to manage that activity
7. Are you not making enough money – how to manage that activity
Meet the presenters
Nick Viner has a background and education in law and real
estate with 10 years’ experience as a property solicitor. He is an award
winning buyers’ agent and a member of both the Real Estate Institute of NSW
(REINSW) and the Real Estate Buyers’ Agents Association of Australia (REBAA).
Nick’s experience allows him to understand the legal implications of each
purchase, to work objectively and analytically throughout the process making
him a formidable negotiator. Nick is the founder and managing director of
successful Sydney based buyer’s agency, Buyers Domain and has been a member of
the Buyers’ Agents Chapter Committee since 2011.
Shelley Horton is the Director of Albion Avenue Buyers' Agents. She bought her first property, in the NSW Blue Mountains, when she was in her mid-twenties. Two years later it had doubled in value. Since then she has regularly bought, sold and successfully renovated properties for a profit, and has now had a 20 year career honing her skills in every aspect of the property industry. Shelley started her professional career as a specialist residential property valuer. She then moved into international mortgage insurance and demanding corporate property roles, leading large property teams tasked with selling a portfolio of residential properties across Australia and New Zealand.